If you're a member of the public then there's a lot of information on this website that you should find relevant and interesting.
Start with the following pages and explore from there.
General screening information
- What is screening? This page includes short animations that help to explain what screening is.
- Private screening - some people are being contacted by private companies offering a range of screening tests which you would need to pay for. Read advice from the UK National Screening Committee about private screening services here.
Screening programmes in your part of the UK
- The programmes page lists all the screening programmes in each UK country and allows you to find out more about them, including visiting their own websites.
- If you're in England, then the NHS Screening Timeline provides a visual representation of all the screening programmes available.
- Each screening programme in the UK is responsible for providing high quality public information. This is available from their own websites, linked from the programmes page (if you live in England, then you can also read and download the information booklets that cover all the antenatal and newborn screening programmes and also view the translations into 14 languages).
If you're having difficulty navigating this website then help is available.
The UK National Screening Committee is keen to make this website even better and more relevant so please provide us with your feedback about this website.